Types of custom fields
Depending on the types of data for which they are intended and the types of input, in the EasyDNNnews module the following types of custom fields are supported:
- Textbox (Text, Rich Text (HTML), Integer, Decimal, Money, Email, Date/time, Hyperlink)
- Multicontrols (Dropdown list, RadioButton list, CheckBox list)
- Search fields (Article categories, Article authors/groups, Article date, Search field, Sort criteria)
- Upload fields (file or image)
TextBox types of data:
- Text – a field in which plain text is added
- Rich text (HTML) – a field in which HTML is added
- Integer – a field in which whole numbers are added
- Decimal – a field in which decimal numbers are added
- Money – a field in which an amount of currency is added
- Email – a field in which an email address is added
- Date/Time – a field in which a date and time is added
- Hyperlink – a field in which a URL is added
Checkbox is a field which has two values: true or false. If the field is checked, then the value of the field is true.
MultiControls type of data
- DropDown list – a list that enables a selection of a value from a dropdown menu. The possibilities for relationship lists (car maker > car model).
- RadioButton list – a list that enables a selection of values with a help of a radio button.
- CheckBox list – a list that enables fields with true and false values. It is possible to set more values.
At the Upload fields it is possible to add the following types of data:
- Images – a field for uploading images. The possibility for setting the size limit and allowed image types.
- Files – a field for uploading files. The possibility for setting the size limit and allowed file types.
Search fields is a special type of a field in which we don't add data, but it allows for a better search of articles. Even if you don't use custom fields in articles, search fields can enhance the article search. Find out more about the search fields in the article about the search fields.