Version history 3.x
New in version 3.9.8
Nested galleries sorting
- When displayed nested galleries can now be sorted by position, title, date created and date last modified.
New in version 3.9.7
- Added option to display social sharing buttons for each image in the Lightbox, Lightbox Caption and Portfolio view type. You can now share images to Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
YouTube new URL support
New in version 3.9.6
- Added option to display social sharing buttons in the audio and video galleries. You can now share videos and audios to Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
Media URL link
- Added option to display text box containing direct link in video and audio view types.
New in version 3.9.5
- Added option to display social sharing buttons in the Lightbox. You can now share images to Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.
- Added option to add print button in Lightbox. Enable users to easily print images.
- Added option to add email button in Lightbox that enables users to easily send link to the image they are looking.
- Download images
- Added option to enable downloading images from Portfolio and Lightbox with caption view type.
Display images in Video gallery 3
- Added option that enables displaying images in the Video Gallery3 view type.
New in version 3.9.4
Improved VideoGallery2 view type
- Added option to display images inside VideoGallery2 view type
- You can now display images from the same gallery where the videos are. You can set image width and height
New in version 3.9.3
Improved Image Carousel view type
- Added fullscreen option to Image Carousel view type.
- Added options to display gallery title and description in Image Carousel view type.
New in version 3.9.2
Added fullscreen option for:
- Lightbox gallery
- Lightbox caption slider gallery
- Lightbox portfolio gallery
- added option to select different arrows in 6 different colors
New in version 3.9
Improved Portfolio lightbox view type
Added option to select dropdown menu and option to show navigation arrows to navigate left and right. Dropdown menu is an excellent way to display multiple galleries. Add option to select 5 different menu and arrow colors. From now portfolio gallery automatically retrieves data when you and new images and supports content localization.
Portfolio lightbox galley
- Added dropdown menu
- Added navigation arrows
- Option to select menu and arrow colors
- Support for content localization
- Auto data and settings retrieval
- Added option to enable download of mp3 files
- Fixed problem with thumbnail generation when integration checked
- Fixed localization so now displays only enabled languages
New in version 3.8
Added option to enable images downloading
You can now enable download of images in the Lightbox display view. You can set permissions for downloading images based on security roles. You can upload special file for downloading.
Upload media with the same name
You can now upload media with the same name into the same gallery.
Fixed problem when adding Bits On The Run videos
Fixed problem when adding images in the nested galleries
New in version 3.7
Added option for sorting media.
Added option to sort media by “Position”, “Date uploaded”, “Filename” and “Title” to following view types: Video Gallery, Video Gallery2, Video Gallery 3, Audio Gallery.
Added new transition effects for Image Slider.
Added following transition effects to Image Slider view type: slice down right, slice up right, box random, box rain, box rain reverse, box rain grow and box rain grow reverse.
Improved image and gallery delete
When you delete image it will be deleted from disk. When you delete gallery all images in that gallery will be deleted from disk.
Added option for resizing when replacing images
Added option to enable resize when replacing image in the Image editor.
Fixed problem when adding new images to SlideShow with Thumbnails 2 view type
Fixed problem when deleting and moving images in the nested galleries
New in version 3.6
Added option for sorting media.
Added option to sort media by “Position”, “Date uploaded”, “Filename” and “Title” to following view types: Lightbox Gallery , Lightbox Caption Slider, Lightbox portfolio gallery, Slide Show, Slideshow with thumbnails, Slideshow with thumbnails 2, Slideshow with thumbnails 3, Advanced Slide Show, Image Slider 1, Image Carousel, Vertical Carousel.
Added AJAX enabled controls for Video Gallery 2 and Video Gallery 3
Added AJAX enabled template controls for view types Video Gallery 2 and Video Gallery 3. Now you can load a video into the player without refreshing the page.
New in version 3.5
Added support for audio mp3 files from Amazon S3
- Now you can add mp3 audio files to gallery that are hosted on Amazon S3 storage.
Added new Lightbox theme
- New great looking modern theme has been added to lightbox.
Improved Advanced Slideshow
- Added two new image transition effects. Now you can add two or more Advanced Slideshows on the page.
- Added option to initially open image selection.
- Fixed few bugs that caused problems with description in lightbox to display correctly.
- Fixed problem when adding and approving new images to Advanced Slideshow. Images were not displayed correctly.
New in version 3.4
- New view type: Advanced Slide Show
- Excellent new jQuery slide show that supports nested galleries or single gallery display with many options to configure
- The gallery panel allows for easy selection of galleries and images. Gallery is fully re-sizable and configurable through the “Gallery settings”
- Supports nested galleries
- Unlimited number of images
- Each image can have hyperlink
- Various slide or fade image transition effects
- Customize description tooltip
- Description tooltip can be set at different location
- Show or hide components, including play button, text description, timer, position etc.
- Can set control panel to appear on mouse over
New in version 3.3
- New video player - Added support for the Flow video player (http://flowplayer.org). Flowplayer is an excellent flash video player with support for FLV, H.264 and MP4 video formats.
- Updated Lightbox portfolio Added option to turn off the navigation bar.
- Updated Tooltip display Add option turn on/off Tooltips.
- Updated role management in “General module settings” Role Management in the “General module settings” is now visible to administrators.
- fixed problem with Lightbox display when using localization
- fixed problem with apostrophe character when displaying description in Tooltips
New in version 3.2
- Image Carousel and Vertical Carousel now support images, audio and video
- Added option to set access rights to “Manage Content” and “Gallery Settings” based on role security.
- BitsOnTheRun service support - all views support HTML5.
- Video Carousel 3 now remembers position
New in version 3.1
- New view type: Lightbox portfolio gallery
- Added attractive tooltips to replace the default when sending a description to a lightbox and enable HTML tooltip display (thanks for help to Caleb Blanton - www.creativaconsulting.com)
- Selecting of position, theme, opening and closing effect, border width and radius
- Added support for Amazon S3 video
- Added support for Bits On The Run (LongTailVideo service)
- User upload - added option to upload the video file based on a role security
- Fixed loading Image Carousel and Slideshow with thumbnails gallery
- Added option to enable/disable jQuery per module instance
- Added support for a new YouTube embed code
- Improved loading speed
- Fixed value checking when saving settings
New in version 3.0
- Video Gallery - support for HTML5, supports iPhone & iPad. Automatically detects access from mobile device and replaces flash player with HTML5 player that allows you to watch videos on iPhone and iPad.
- User Upload - a function that allows users to upload into selected gallery images, video and audio without the administration interface. automatically add media to database or after the approval
- setting up upload permissions to security role by a media type: images, audio, video
- setting up security permissions for media approval
- automatically image resizing when user uploads image
- Trial version
- added paging to nested galleries
- saved gallery settings are now visible only inside portal
- the ability to turn off included jQuery library
- New gallery activation
- Many of the improvements that will enable the further even better development and in future versions of Gallery 3+.
- Bug fixes:
- Multi audio upload fixed
- Lightbox gallery selected template save settings fixed
- Vertical carousel save settings fixed